Job Description – Civils Project Manager
Department: Operations, Telecoms.: Reports to Head of Construction.
Purpose of Role To lead a Civil engineering field teams delivering construction solutions within the telecoms industry on behalf of multiple clients, in the Birmingham and surrounding regions.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To build strong and effective relationships with direct reports, clients and key stakeholders in order to deliver first class service.
- To own the business development of the area including opportunities with existing clients and where appropriate seeking out new opportunities that drive sustainable revenue growth.
- To act as a role model for the team and colleagues instilling Map Group company values.
- To lead a team of field-based site supervisors including both direct and sub-contractor labour.
- To lead a desk-based team of co-ordinators and administration staff.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and ongoing development of all direct reports. This is to include performance management where required.
- Overall owner of all health and safety requirements along with ensuring the wellbeing of all direct reports. Responsible in creating and instilling a safety culture across the team.
- To own and grow the financial performance of team including driving down operational costs wherever possible across your region.
- To ensure all requirements of the contract are delivered within agreed SLAs and ensure all customer requirements are met including compliance.
- To manage planning and deployment of appropriate resource including when required recruitment, ensuring that workstacks are managed, service is delivered within agreed SLAs and in the most efficient way possible.
- To manage all noticing and permits as required. Minimum Expectations
- MUST have Telecoms civils build experience
- Strong Health and Safety awareness.
- Proven track record as a leader delivering within the civils/construction industry ideally within Telecoms.
- Significant experience in leading a field-based site supervisor across a large geography.
- Outstanding leadership, communications and organisational skills
- Ability to motivate oneself and a team of both fields based and desk-based employees.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong understanding of the Openreach Network desirable.
- Experience in delivering to, and challenging, stakeholders up to Director level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience around operational grip.
- Results driven with a track record of delivering sustainable performance within a challenging, dynamic, fast pasted environment.
- Strong understanding of HR people management processes and how they are effectively implemented by the business.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Team player with the ability to work across departments to get the job done.
- Proven track record in delivering change. Qualifications
- English, Maths, IT, Excel – A fair understanding of all.
- Strong understanding of civils and construction practices a must.
- Understanding of the Openreach network preferred but not essential
Please ensure you attach your current CV to this application