MAP Group (UK) is currently seeking Build Managers that will be dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to external Client network providers.
Working within Operations, the role of the Build Manager is to support the delivery teams by managing the end to end tasks across all build activities. The role is to ensure the build teams function as a cohesive unit, providing Health and Safety compliant sites and workplace at all times.
You will need to fully liaise with other teams and departments across the organisation on programming and delivery issues, in addition to fully supporting the HSEQ Manager in their duties.
All site solutions are to be managed and delivered in a cost effective and timely manner, as well as to meet Client quality standards.
- Having the overall responsibility for delivery to targets over multiple work streams and fibre delivery programmes
- Managing risk by ensuring all incidents are accurately reported and adequate plans are in place
- Stakeholder management
- Maintaining a good working relationship with local highway authorities to ensure maximum cooperation and engagement
- Regular visits to all suppliers and offices to ensure workloads and processes are being adhered to
- Produce regular reports
- To ensure all health and safety/environmental legislation adhered to on site
- Maintain a safe working environment, for site personnel and public
- Manage health & safety issues that arise on site
- Monitor contractor performance
- Liaise with appropriate departments on site issues
- Ensure sites are built to program and budget
- Checking and auditing of sub-contractors work on site
- Ensure the updating of reporting systems in a timely and efficient manner
- Highlight and monitor variations and discuss fully with relevant departments
- Be aware of commercial implications of activities arising on site
- Ensure full liaison is undertaken between build teams and departments
- Provide Supervision and support to all members of the build teams
- Ensure QA procedures are implemented throughout the department
- Constant liaison with QS on cost matters
- Engineering solutions to site difficulties
- Ensuring productivity and KPIs are recorded, measured and reported accurately
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing the delivery of large-scale telecoms (FTTH / FTTP) projects
- Qualified with NRSWA Supervisor and Health & Safety accreditation
- Commercial Awareness
- Comfortable with delivering presentations to keep required parties informed of progress throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence with less than six (6) points (essential)