The Kantar Media technician is expected to be professional, courteous and presentable at all times. The technician is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data from the metering equipment and software in panel homes to:
- Install and maintain metering equipment and software in panel homes.
- Educate panel members in the correct use and care of the metering equipment.
- Remove television monitoring equipment from homes that wish to leave the panel.
- Educate panel members in the correct use of Kantar monitoring software.
- Remove monitoring software from homes that wish to leave the panel
- Store monitoring equipment in safe conditions when not installed in panel homes.
- Resolve/escalate problems caused by monitoring equipment or software in panel homes.
- Liaise between Kantar Media management, office staff & panel members as necessary.
- Report all field technician activity, including appointments, visits made, mileage etc.
- Timely return all faulty meter equipment, clearly labelled.
- Maintain the company vehicle in a roadworthy, clean condition.
- Ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are satisfied within specific time-frames.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate would have a wide ranging technical skill set based around installation and fault finding of domestic networking, software and AV equipment. We would also consider a background in commercial installation and support of video conferencing and multi-room installations.
- Technical ability to install & service the TV & Internet metering equipment. The meters are non-invasive, meaning that it isn’t necessary to open TV sets and other devices. A thorough understanding of A/V routing (scart, RGB, Composite video, HDMI etc) in domestic environments is essential.
- Knowledge of home networking, routers,, Windows PC`s and Apple Macs/ Excel / Word and Hardware / software configurations and installations.
- The ability to work without direct supervision to a high standard. The field technician will be responsible for arranging some appointments with panel members for service calls to designated households, and these must be done in a timely manner.
- Exemplary customer care skills. The field technician is the representative of Kantar Media in the panel members’ homes. Meters are installed only with the permission of the panel members, and it is therefore essential that the field technician remains professional, prompt & courteous in all dealings with panel members.
- Demonstrable experience of A/V systems/installation in domestic environments.
- Detailed knowledge of TV and peripheral technology, supplemented possibly with a qualification in electronics, audio, video or television servicing.
- Ability to work unsupervised and remotely, making work schedules as required.
- interpersonal skills.
- Advanced keyboard skills with the ability to install bespoke software on PC’s, Macs, iOS and Android
- Basic understanding of home networking broadband and routers
- Prepared to drive within the UK mainland and associated Islands.
- This may require overnight stays, therefore, flexibility to work away from home.
- A full driving licence (a company vehicle is provided).
- DBS check documentation.
Please ensure you attach a current CV when applying for this position.