Openreach is made up of four divisions – service delivery, fibre and network delivery, strategic infrastructure development, and headquarters. They tackle complicated engineering problems – from coordinating works with councils, highways agencies, energy suppliers and landowners, to installing and maintaining the complex kit that provides fibre broadband services.
Map Group have worked with Openreach for several years carrying out a range of networking projects. As part of one particular project in Penicuik, Lanark and Peebles tasks have included:
- Installation of fibre circuits / OPN (optical passive network)
- Installation and testing end to end
- Ensuring all Map Group engineers are accredited to Openreach Standards inclusive of CDM requirements
- TRR – Testing the integrity of the existing network infrastructure
- Spine installation – Successfully installed core network from exchange to customer distribution points
- OH / UG – Installation of overhead & underground access cabling
- Network integrity test on completions upon build completion
- Civils engineering to install new and repair existing infrastructure
Through the project, Map Group has developed a great working relationship with Openreach. Ongoing learning and development within the company ensured industry standards are met by all members of staff. Map Group continues to meet the achievement targets set by Openreach.